Note: The following document is written in the first person because it represents what all those living or working on Calvary’s campus will be asked to “acknowledge” and “commit” to this year. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Development Department.
Calvary University ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND COMMITMENT
All members of Calvary University have an important role to play in keeping our fellow students and Calvary University community safe by doing our part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. As a member of the Calvary community, I know that I must take steps to stay well in order to help protect others and promote a safe return to campus for all members of the Calvary community. Because of this, I agree to take responsibility for my own health and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Calvary University trusts God’s sovereignty and goodness during this pandemic, but also acknowledges that we must also take personal responsibility for our actions. One of Calvary University’s highest priorities is the safety of its students, faculty, staff, and visitors. I know that by engaging in campus activities, including attending classes, pursuing my education, living on campus, eating in the dining halls, attending activities, and participating in sports and recreation, I may be exposed to COVID-19 and other infections. I also understand that despite all reasonable efforts by the university, I can still contract COVID-19 and other infections. In order to reduce my risk, I agree to be an active participant in maintaining my own health, wellbeing and safety, as well as the safety of others, by making every effort follow the guidelines and expectations outlined by the university.
As more information is gathered and known, I understand that Calvary University may modify these guidelines and expectations. It is my responsibility to make every effort to keep myself apprised of these changes to help protect myself and the university community.
It is my Pledge to protect myself, my peers, and the Calvary Community by doing the following:
- Agree to testing for COVID-19 and potential subsequent self-quarantining if I am identified as a contact of anyone who has been determined to be positive for COVID-19.
- If I test positive for COVID-19, I agree to self-quarantine in a designated location until:
- My symptoms have resolved, and
- It has been at least fourteen days since the start of my symptoms, and
- I have a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Timely report any known or potential exposures to COVID-19 to the ResLife team and/or supervisor
- Monitor for the following symptoms:
- A fever of 100.4°F or higher
- Respiratory symptoms, such as dry cough or shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Please note that up-to-date symptoms can be found at: //wexnerrnedical.oso.ecluifeatures/coronaviriis/patient-care/symptoms-and-prevention
- If I develop the above symptoms to contact either the health department or my health care provider, and to follow their instructions, which may include being tested for COVID- 19 and self-quarantining while the test results are pending, and/or being evaluated by a qualified health care provider.
- Stay at home or in my room if I am feeling sick.
- Participate fully and honestly with the Reslife team and university, the Student Dean’s Office, or Human Resources for contact tracing to determine whom I might have potentially exposed to COVID-19. · Wear a mask or the appropriate PPE where required by campus authorities and in accordance with the law.
- Practice physical distancing as much as possible.
- Frequently wash and/or sanitize my hands.
- Keep my personal space, shared common space, and my belongings clean.
- Respecting the precautions of others and the choices they make to ensure their own safety.
I understand COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus and it is possible to develop and contract the COVID-19 disease, even if I follow all of the safety precautions above and those recommended by the CDC, local health department, and others. I understand that although the university is following the coronavirus guidelines issued by the CDC and other experts to reduce the spread of infection, I can never be completely shielded from all risk of illness caused by COVID-19 or other infections. I agree to hold Calvary University harmless in the event of contracting COVID-19 or other infectious diseases, in exchange for the ability to participate in in-person classes, programs, and activities at Calvary University.
I have read, understand, and agree to comply with the commitment above. I also acknowledge that these expectations and agreement are a condition of my participation in in-person classes, programs, and activities at Calvary University, and that any failure to comply with the commitment above may lead to immediate removal from classes, programs, and activities and restriction from certain areas of campus or even campus as a whole. These expectations are for the entire Calvary Community and understand that continued employment and/or participation in Calvary programs, activities, and events constitutes my agreement to abide by these standards.
I take this commitment seriously and will do my part to protect the Calvary community.